I'm so happy with my pink tips I did last week. It's slowly fading so it does seem a little high maintenance if I want to maintain its vibrancy. I'm curious to see what colour it fades to so I'm leaving it to fade...hoping for a cool light pink result.
The dye I used was Fudge Paintbox Raspberry Beret (on a side note, this was really olllddd dye, like a good 12 years. I tried to google if it was ok to use old hair dye thats been opened before and I just zero results. So here's my answer folks: Old fudge paintbox doesn't have ammonia in it so its effectiveness & vibrancy is fine as evident by my results!
Anyways, here's the answer to people asking how I did it...
So tools of the trade needed: gloves, brush, hair clips, hair bands, cling wrap and container for dye.
1. I divided my hair into 4 parts with hair bands for better control and management.
2. Put cling wrap under section of hair and start painting on the dye at the ends.
3. When I got to the middle of where I wanted the dye to fade into my normal hair colour, I added white conditioner to my container mix. (add a lot...fudge dye is really strong stuff)
4. When you're finished, cover the ends with that cling wrap and roll it up and secure with hair clip.
5. I recommend waiting 30mins - 1hr.
6. Wash out with lukewarm water.
TIPS: I recommend always washing hair with cooler water to avoid stripping the colour. I added condition further up the hair to try and protect it from splash damage dye going where I didn't want it. You definitely need to have a blonde base to get a vibrant result.