Here's my top 5 rundown:
1. Lunch at Potato Head Beach Club. Long walk down a driveway, then bam, this colourful worn shutter exterior curving into the sky. Continued into the interior ceiling. Pool leading to the beach. Delicious brioche with king prawns and fries.
2. Dinner at Ultimo Italian Restaurant, Seminyak. Busy. Had to wait 10 mins for a table but we were rewarded with a table at the back with a fabric ceiling - the kind in wedding reception halls. Friendly staff. Tris di pasta - creamy but tasty. Dessert menu was tempting.
3. Lunch at Cafe Bali near Seminyak Square. Finally, indonesian food! Yummy yummy mie goreng (with prawn crackers). Very European style in decoration.
4. Dinner at Metis Restaurant, Seminyak. French. Pork Belly and the dessert taster plate. For me, food was top notch but I couldn't finish the servings. French food does that to me though. Impressed with the expanding hand towels and the general setting. Not impressed with the mosquitoes! Surrounded by art shops.
5. Drinks at Ayana Rock Bar - It's what they say, gorgeous views with cool cable car access. But Australian priced cocktails and nibbles and long queues. Also a bit hot under the slowly setting sun - we were given hefty umbrellas to avoid the glare and heat.
Pics from Metis and Ayana:
|Rice paddies would you believe|
|Did the right thing and booked a table|